The Office of Student Accounts is the point of contact for all matters regarding tuition, statements, billing, and payment options.
The Mission of the Office of Student Accounts is to provide accurate and professional and courteous service to students and parents with regard to College and Precollege student financial responsibilities.
Please read the information pertaining to your program:
You can find Financial Aid information here.
The Students Accounts Office’s standard is to return all communication within 24-48 hours of receipt. Please leave a voicemail message including your name, student’s name, students ID, and contact information if you are unable to speak to one of our staff directly.
Rooms: A- 440 & A-441
Tel: 917-493-4467 and 917-493-4785
Student Accounts FAQs
How will I receive my invoice?
Fall invoices become available early/mid-July and Spring invoices in November/December. You will receive a notification to your student email address once invoices are ready to download.
To view your billed details, anticipated financial aid, and your expected due balance for the semester, you need to log in to the student portal. Please follow these steps when on the MSM Student Portal:
1)Visit the MSM Student Portal and login with your User Name and Password.
- College Students: Select the Students tab. Along the left-hand menu click on “Student Accounts and Financial Aid”.
- Precollege Students: Select Precollege tab. Select “Student Accounts and Scholarship Information”
2) Click on “Course and Fee Statement” in the “Student Information” box
3) Click “Generate my Course and Fee Statement”
4) After that process runs, click on “View my Course and Fee Statement” which will open the statement in another browser tab
- There may be a delay between when payments are received and when they are posted to your student account; however, we encourage ALL students to refer to the “Course and Fee Statement” link on the MSM student portal (tangxiucai.com/ICS) regularly as posted payments will display there real-time.
How can I pay my tuition?
Students may pay their tuition all at once directly to the Student Accounts Office or in increments through our payment plan provider, Cashnet; information on payment plan options can be found here.
The Student Accounts Office accepts payments by Flywire, check, money order, wire transfer/ACH, and Credit Card (a 3.5% Surcharge fee is applied).
Please include Student IDs on all forms of payment or else the payment may not be processed.
PAYMENT OPTION DETAILS:
1) Domestic and international wire transfers can be sent through our safe and convenient partner, Flywire.
2) Check or money order payments should be mailed to:
Manhattan School of Music
130 Claremont Avenue
New York, NY 10027
Attn: Student Accounts
3) For bank wires, you can request bank details by emailing: email@example.com
4) To make a payment via Credit Card, please contact the Student Accounts Office via Telephone or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a 3.5% fee.
It is extremely important to keep your contact information current and to check your MSM e-mail frequently. The school provides an email account for every student. This email account is the official means of sending you important communications and documents. Go to http://webmail.tangxiucai.com and use your user ID and password to log in. If you do not know your user ID and password, contact the IT department at email@example.com.
My invoice has health insurance, room and board, or meal plan errors. What do I do?
All full-time Manhattan School of Music students are required to have health insurance that meets the minimum essential coverage requirements set by the U.S. Affordable Care Act.
The MSM-sponsored health insurance is mandatory for all F-1 visa holders entering a new program of study; the cost of health insurance will be included on your bill.
Domestic students who are already covered may be eligible to waive the School’s insurance. An application for waiver must be submitted using the instructions sent by email from the insurance company. Once submitted, the company will notify you if your waiver was approved or declined. In the meantime, you may submit a copy of your current invoice with a note of your intention to waive and exclude the insurance amount from your payment.
Note: If you don’t submit a waiver application, or it is declined, you will be required to pay for the insurance fee.
Please mail the copy to the address below or you can send it as an email attachment:
Manhattan School of Music
130 Claremont Ave
New York, NY 10027
If you would like to change your resident meal plan or rooming assignment, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If the change is approved, we encourage you to submit a copy of your current invoice with a note regarding this change and pay the expected balance for your correct resident charges
Monday-Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm
Rooms: A- 440 and A-441
Tel: 917-493-4467 or 917-493-4785